Tour Amulree and Strathbraan Churchyard, Perthshire, Scotland. Amulree was at the junction of three
It formed part of the route Highland drovers would use to bring their livestock to the cattle market at Crieff and Falkirk.
Amulree Church was built between 1743 and 1752 and remodelled in 1882. Built to a simple design it has both a bellcote
and wethervane. The architect was a John Douglas of Edinburgh. The Amulree church bell was cast in 1519. Amulree parish
church contains copies of records of the large number of people who stayed in the area prior to mass emigration, mostly
to North Easthope, Canada, in the early 19th Century. The Celtic place name was Ath Maol Ruibhe meaning Maol Rubha's ford.
Small Group Tours Of Scotland.
Return To Tour Graveyards Of Scotland
Tour Scotland Homepage