Tour Tibbermore Parish Churchyard, Perthshire, Scotland. Tibbermore Parish Church is a former parish
church remodelled in 17th century when the transepts were removed and the striking bellcote added.
Reputed to be the burial place of three hundred Covenanters who perished in the Battle of Tibbermore.
Tibbermore was once the residence of several of the bishops of Dunkeld, of whom Bishop Geoffrey died
here in 1249, and Bishop Sinclair in 1337. A convent for Carmelite friars was founded by Bishop Richard
in 1262; and the prelates continued to hold their synods at Tibbermore until the year 1460.
Small Group Tours Of Scotland.