An ancient town in Perthshire, Scotland, is situated on the Alyth Burn 5 miles east of Blairgowrie. It lies at the foot of the Braes of Angus in the valley of Strathmore close to Perthshire's eastern boundary with Angus. Created a burgh with a marketing function in 1488, Alyth developed in association with cattle droving and the wool, jute and linen trades.
Alyth Parish Church, Perthshire, Scotland. This church, with its prominent position above Alyth, was completed in 1839 to the grand design of an Edinburgh architect, Thomas Hamilton. It is Gothic in style, with Romanesque influences, especially in the windows, and has an unusually high spire.
Return To Perthshire Videos
Return To Scotland Videos