Anstruther Parish Church, Fife, Scotland. Under the leadership of James Melville in 1592, land was purchased for the building of this church but it was not completed until 1634. The oldest feature inside the church is the tomb of Master John Dykes assistant to James Melville. In 1938 four stained glass windows were installed by Mrs E. W. Logan a benefactor of the town Her father Surgeon Robert Black was a much respected medical practitioner in the town who sadly died in the harbour one stormy night when returning from an emergency call. The Churchyard contains a remarkable number of distinguished Scots.