Tour Scotland
Home Page


Best Scottish Books



Newburgh is a small village in North Fife, with a harbour, on the Firth of Tay. It was noted for the manufacture of linoleum. The Mugdrum Cross is more than 1,000 years old. The pedestal of Macduff’s Cross stands on a hill to the south of Newburgh. Opposite the harbour, the Firth is divided by Mugdrum Island into the North and South Deeps. A little to the east are the remains of Lindores Abbey, and to the south-east lies Lindores Loch.

3 miles North East of Newburgh, beyond Lindores Abbey, is the ruined Ballinbreich Castle, overlooking the Firth of Tay. The Earls of Rothes once owned this 14th cent. stronghold below Normans Law, 936 ft. Flisk Church, in the vicinity, dates from 1790. 2 miles to the South is
Pitcairlie House, mainly 18th century.

Tour Scotland
Tour Edinburgh
Tour Island Of Skye

Rent A Self Catering Hoilday Cottage In Scotland

Share This Tour Scotland Web Page

Top Destinations
Tour Europe